Peer Academic Leader Program
A Peer Academic Leader is a model student who effectively provides academic support to peers. A PAL will encourage student success by providing guidance in developing academic goals in one-on-one coaching sessions in the Learning Center.
Minimum Requirements to be a Peer Academic Leader
A GPA of 3.0 or higher
Strong oral and written communication skills
The ability to connect with students and provide guidance to support their success
Knowledge of campus resources
Must be available for eight hours a week in the Learning Center
Must be available to work at least one weeknight after 5 p.m.
Preference is given to the students from the following colleges:
- Health and Public Service
Duties and Job Responsibilities
Scheduling and conducting academic coaching sessions
Assisting with marketing of the peer academic coaching program
- Attending all training sessions and meetings as directed by your supervisor
- Assisting with the development and training of other coaches
- Maintaining a log of sessions conducted
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To complete the application process, two additional steps are required.
1. Submit an unofficial transcript along with your application to
UNT Learning Center, Sage Hall, Room 315
2. Apply for this job using the Student Employment Application through the Career Center's Handshake program.
Questions? 940-369-7006 | email@example.com