- Looking for a Learning Center Program that fits your needs?
- Wanting some individualized academic support?
- An Emerald Eagle Scholar on Probation or needing Academic Reboot?
- Trying to meet requirements given to you by the Financial Aid Office?
- On Academic Alert?
- A student on Academic Probation in the College of Business, Engineering, or Science?
If so, make an appointment with an Academic Coach today or come to our drop-in Academic Coaching!
If you need help with the content of a specific class, then please check out all our tutoring options on our tutoring resources page.
What is Academic Coaching?
Academic Coaching is a collaborative and interactive process with the ultimate goal of assisting you in developing a personalized plan for achieving academic success. An Academic Coach will listen to your needs and concerns and work closely with you to develop academic goals and suggest tools, resources, and strategies to assist in reaching those goals. Topics discussed during academic coaching are based on your needs but often might include issues such as time management, goal setting, and learning new study skills. The actual length of the Academic Coaching session depends on your needs, however, all sessions are scheduled for one hour in order to allow enough time.
When and where do Academic Coaching sessions occur?
Academic Coaching session times depend upon coaching schedules. Generally, there are coaches available between 9 am and 8 pm Monday through Friday, but this can vary by day. As Academic Coaching is a collaborative process it is best done in person. In person sessions are available in the Learning Center, Sage Hall 315, and at Discovery Park, C102A. If you are interested in meeting at Discovery Park, please schedule a session with Tyler Hebert and select his times at the Discovery Park location. Online coaching is available for distance learners and students with extenuating circumstances that prevent them from coming to campus. To schedule an online session, please message a coach or contact Allyson Gardner. Please note that for an online session to occur, you will need, at the minimum, a working microphone and speakers on your computer.
When and where do I go for drop-in Academic Coaching?
If you are NOT required to come to Academic Coaching, you may drop-in at the following pre-scheduled times and locations to meet with an Academic Coach.
This schedule will begin Tuesday September 5th:
Willis Library: Tuesday and Wednesdays 6-8 pm
How do I schedule an in person session?
- Open your browser and go to the UNT Virtual Learning Center's portal page (unt.upswing.io).
- Log in with your EUID and password.
3. In the search bar, type "Academic Coaching"
4. You will be able to see all the Academic Coaches and read a little about them. Once you have decided who you would like as your coach, click "Schedule".
5. Make sure you are on the In-person page. Select the appropriate day and time range you would like to meet with your coach. Click "Select a time".
6. Select Academic Coaching for the subject then select the beginning time you would like. Sessions must be scheduled for ONE HOUR (eventhough you may not need to use the entire hour) so select 60 min for duration. Sessions scheduled for less than 60 min will be cancelled.
*If you are a distance learner, you can schedule an on-line session by messaing the coach you would like to meet with (give them your preferred time) or contacting Allyson Gardner.*
Questions? Contact us today!
940-369-7006 | Allyson.Gardner@unt.edu
Emerald Eagle Scholar Requirements
Probation Contract • Fall deadline: Oct. 21
- In order to complete your probation contract, you must sign up for a one-hour, in-person session.
- Please bring your probation contract to be signed.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, your session will be canceled and you will be responsible for rescheduling it.
- You must schedule three one hour sessions.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your hour session, your session will be canceled and you will be responsible for rescheduling it.
Questions about Emerald Eagle Scholar requirements or an Academic Reboot? Call, click or come in today!
940-565-2660 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Sage Hall, Room 328