Online tutoring is not just for students who are struggling, but also for those who want to excel academically. Tutoring is provided by UNT students who have excelled in what they are tutoring, have prior tutoring experience, and have completed extensive training. Meet the Tutors! LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!!
Curious about how AskOnline works? Check out these how-to videos!
Through our AskOnline website, three kinds of sessions are available:
- Ask Queue (Asynchronous tutoring): submit a question for a tutor by email to be answered within 48 hours.
- No Appointment Needed (Drop-in tutoring): chat online with a live tutor immediately (when one is present) **Audio chat is available if you have a Skype account**
- By Appointment: schedule an online tutoring appointment for future dates
**The drop-in schedule can change, appointments guarantee you a session with a tutor and need to be scheduled 3 days in advance**
- Face-to-Face: A one time face-to-face session is available for new students; directions on how to schedule can be found here.
We recommend that if you are looking for immediate help, go to the website and see if a tutor is available for chat in the subject you are interested in. If not, we recommend you schedule an appointment with the tutor for a future session.
Tutoring begins June 3rd and ends on August 9th.
The AskQueue is available 24/7. No Appointment Needed and By Appointment times for specific subjects will vary, but tutors will only schedule sessions Monday-Thursday 11am-5pm during the summer.
Drop-in or schedule an appointment during any of these times
*subject to change, log in to AskOnline for the most accurate schedule!
- ART EDUCATION/ART STUDIO
- Tuesday 2-5pm
- Wednesday: 4:45-6:45pm
- BUSINESS (Accounting, Decision Sciences, Marketing, Management, Business Law and Business Math)
- Tuesday: 12-4pm
- Wednesday 1-5pm
- Thursday: 12-5pm
- Tuesday: 10am-2pm
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 11am-1pm
- Monday: 12-4pm
- GRADUATE STATISTICS (theoretical statistics help not guaranteed)
- Schedule coming soon...tune back in later
- HISTORY/POLITICAL SCIENCE
- Tuesday: 3-5pm
- MATH (up to 3000 level courses)
- Monday: 2-5:30pm
- MECHANICAL AND ENERGY ENGINEERING
- Monday: 11am-2pm
- Wednesday: 2-5pm
- Monday: 2-4pm
- Wednesday: 2-5pm
- Monday 10:15am-12:15pm
- Tuesday 11am-2pm
**Help in courses up to the 3000 level is guaranteed. If a question cannot be answered in live chat, it can be answered through the AskQueue. Specific course knowledge in the live chat varies based on the tutor available at that time. Tutors may be able to help with courses in the 3000 and 4000 level, but this is not guaranteed.
UNT's AskOnline page can be accessed by going to http://unt.askonline.net/
You will need to create an account using your @my.unt.edu email address (ex. ScrappyEagle@my.unt.edu).
If you have any questions, please contact the Learning Center at (940) 369-7006 or you can email us at Learning.Center@unt.edu.