Online Tutoring: General Schedule (Summer 2015)
This service offers subject specific support for currently enrolled UNT students that can be conveniently accessed online.
- are current UNT Students
- have excelled in the courses they tutor
- are trained in tutoring techniques to meet the needs of various learning styles
- AskOnline (http://unt.askonline.net)- online tutoring platform that provides chat and whiteboard capabilities
- How-to videos- explain in detail how to utilize AskOnline platform features
- Online drop-in and online appointments are available according to the following schedule:
General Schedule (Summer 2015) *subject to change based on tutor availability
- AskQueue is available 24/7
Through our AskOnline website, four kinds of sessions are available:
- Ask Queue (asynchronous tutoring): submit a question for a tutor by email to be answered within 48 hours.
- Drop-in tutoring*: chat online with a live tutor immediately (when one is present)
- By appointment*: schedule an online tutoring appointment for future dates; appointments must be scheduled 3 business days in advance
- Face-to-Face: A one-time face-to-face session is available for new students; directions on how to schedule can be found here.
*Audio and/or video chat is also available through our platform through Skype.
Help in courses up to the 3000 level is guaranteed. If a question cannot be answered in live chat, it can be answered through the AskQueue. Specific course knowledge in the live chat varies based on the tutor available at that time. Tutors may be able to help with courses in the 3000 and 4000 level, but this is not guaranteed.
Still have questions about Online Tutoring? Ask them at firstname.lastname@example.org!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK to receive tutoring information and updates.