The TSI Assessment is offered by appointment at the Gateway Testing Center. Please contact them at (940) 369-7617 to schedule an appointment.
Click HERE for a document that contains sample TSI Assessment questions.
Click HERE for a web based study app for the TSI Assessment. The TSI Web-Based Study App features practice tests and "learn as you go" tests with explanations of correct and incorrect answers. You can access the stie from your computer, tablet or smartphone (see supported browsers & mobile operating systems).
TSI Assessment Information
The Learning Center does not administer the TSI Assessment. You must register for the TSI Assessment with the Gateway Testing Center ahead of time. The test is only available to current and incoming UNT students.
Cost: A testing fee of $25.00 will be billed to your student account. You WILL NOT pay the day of the test.
Time: Allow approximately 1 1/2 hours for each section taken (the test is self-paced, so you may leave when finished).
What to bring: Picture ID.
What NOT to bring: Payment, cell phone, backpack, food or personal calculators (a calculator is provided for the math section).
TSI Assessment Policies
- IDENTIFICATION: Official Photo Identification such as a current UNT ID, passport, or driver license is required.
- TESTING MATERIALS: No books, notes, notebooks, or other materials allowed during testing. Scratch paper and pencils will be provided by the proctor and must be turned in with the test.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES: The use of cell phones, pagers and/or calculators is prohibitied. All electronic devices must be completely turned off and stored in the cubbies along with your belongings. This will be strictly enforced.
- FOOD AND DRINK: Food and drink are prohibitied in the testing lab.
- CHEATING: If there is evidence that you have cheated on your exam, the exam will be declared invalid and you will have to wait 30 days before retesting.
- For a detailed definition of cheating and academic dishonesty, please reference the UNT Code of Student Conduct.
Failure to follow this policy or Learning Center personnel instructions will be reported to the Director of the Learning Center and may be treated as an act of academic dishonesty: http://conduct.unt.edu/student_conduct.
If you still have questions regarding TSI, contact us: email@example.com