Deadline for Spring 2018 is January 13th.
If you're looking for a fun and meaningful way to get involved in the UNT community, while gaining valuable experience, the volunteer tutor program is the place for you! Check it out!
Being a Volunteer Tutor offers valuable experiences FOR YOU AND YOUR RESUME:
- Volunteer service hours
- Training in tutoring techniques
- Peer leadership and collaboration
- Opportunity to earn nationally recognized CRLA Tutor Certification
One semester as a Volunteer Tutor also:
- Qualifies you to apply to for a paid Lead Tutor position with the Learning Center
- Provides references for other job opportunities, like Supplemental Instruction at the LC
As a Volunteer Tutor, YOU’LL BE ASKED TO:
- Attend an initial New Tutor orientation
- Tutor a minimum of 4 hours per month
- Report tutoring hours online
- Attend 1 beginning of semester cohort meeting (after your first semester)
- Attend 1 mid-semester cohort meeting
- Participate in Learning Center social opportunities when available
Are you qualified to be a Volunteer Tutor? THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- An "A" in the subjects you tutor
- Dependability and an interest in helping students succeed academically
- Positive recommendation from a UNT faculty or staff member
If this sounds like a good fit for you, fill out the application HERE! We would love to have you as part of the Learning Center team!