- Support Services
- Graduate Resources
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- Join Our Team
- About Us
- Math Lab
Due to the ongoing evaluation of UNT processes and procedures during COVID-19, we are currently experiencing a delay in our hiring process. It may be some time before we reach out to candidates and at this time we do not know how long this delay will last. We do appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
To submit an application, complete two steps:
1) Submit this online application by clicking here or going to: https://unt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eo0nIvdvrfQCVDv .
2) Apply for this job through Eagle Careers Powered by Handshake on your MyUNT portal. This submission also includes a cover letter, resume, and fall 2020 class schedule, in addition to the Student Employment Application required by the University.
Academic Coaches are model students who effectively provide academic support to their peers. They encourage student success by providing guidance in developing academic goals in one-on-one coaching sessions and group workshops in the Learning Center. Academic Coaches also act as ambassadors for the Learning Center, visiting classes and representing our office in the greater campus community. Academic Coaches may also assist in the development of student resources and training for future academic coaches.
Minimum Requirements to be an Academic Coach:
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Computer proficiency, especially the Microsoft Office suite
· The ability to connect with students and provide guidance to support their success
· Knowledge of campus resources
· Must be available to attend the weekly AC meetings
· Must be available for 8-12 hours a week in the Learning Center
· Availability to work at least one weeknight (Monday-Thursday) after 5pm is preferred
· A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
· Scheduling and conducting academic coaching sessions
· Maintaining a log of sessions conducted and other administrative tasks
· Contributing to the development of academic success skill workshops
· Presenting academic success skill workshops
· Assisting with marketing of the LC’s academic support services
· Assisting with Learning Center outreach presentations and resource fairs
· Attending all trainings and meeting as directed by your supervisor
· Assisting with the development and training of other coaches
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Questions? Contact the Coordinator for Academic Support Services at LCcoaching@unt.edu.