- Academic Support Services
- Graduate Entrance Exams
- Graduate Resources
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Join Our Team
- About Us
- Student Orgs
- Math Lab
Academic Coaches are model students who effectively provide academic support to their peers. They encourage student success by providing guidance in developing academic goals in one-on-one coaching sessions and group workshops in the Learning Center. Academic Coaches also act as ambassadors for the Learning Center, visiting classes and representing our office in the greater campus community. Academic Coaches may also assist in the development of student resources and training for future academic coaches.
Minimum Requirements to be an Academic Coach:
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Computer proficiency, especially the Microsoft Office suite
· The ability to connect with students and provide guidance to support their success
· Knowledge of campus resources
· Must be available to attend the weekly AC meetings
· Must be available for 8-12 hours a week in the Learning Center
· Availability to work at least one weeknight (Monday-Thursday) after 5pm is preferred
· A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
· Scheduling and conducting academic coaching sessions
· Maintaining a log of sessions conducted and other administrative tasks
· Contributing to the development of academic success skill workshops
· Presenting academic success skill workshops
· Assisting with marketing of the LC’s academic support services
· Assisting with Learning Center outreach presentations and resource fairs
· Attending all trainings and meeting as directed by your supervisor
· Assisting with the development and training of other coaches
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To complete the application process we need you to complete two additional steps:
1) Submit this application along with a copy of your spring 2020 class schedule to the Learning Center in Sage Hall 170 or LCcoaching@unt.edu.
2) Apply for this job through Eagle Careers Powered by Handshake on your MyUNT portal.
Questions? Conact Liz Berry at LCcoaching@unt.edu.