Majors in the College of Engineering are demanding--consider this page your one-stop-shop to academic support from the Learning Center and contact us at LearningCenter@unt.edu or 940.369.7006 if you have any questions about these programs!
Each of these services are no-cost to all current UNT students!
Math and Science walk-in tutoring is available every Tuesday and Wednesday in the Sage Hall Academic Success Center 1st Floor study space. You can find info about walk-in tutoring for other subjects here.
- Tuesday 1-3pm: Biology, Chemistry, & Math
- Wednesday 4-6pm: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Math, & Physics
Our Lead Tutors offer support in common courses for Engineering majors. Click here to request an appointment with a Lead Tutor; offered in-person and online.
We currently offer group tutoring in these common Engineering courses. If you like to learn in a group environment, collect a group of peers in the same class and fill-out the request form here. If you're interested in group tutoring in any of your other classes, check the form for availability. Check back here for future updates in Engineering courses!
- Biology: BIOL 1710 - Biology for Science Majors I, BIOL 1720 - Biology for Science Majors II
- Chemistry: CHEM 1410 - General Chemistry for Science Majors I, CHEM 1420 - General Chemistry for Science Majors II
- Mathematics: MATH 1100 - College Algebra, MATH 1650 - Pre-Calculus, MATH 1710 - Calculus I
- Developmental Mathematics: NCTM 341 - Integrated Pre/Beginning Algebra, NCTM 351 - Beginning Algebra
- Physics: PHYS 1410 - General Physics
Experienced Supplemental Instruction Leaders (SIs) are available in the common COS courses below. These student leaders take the course alongside you and host group study sessions each week--guaranteed study time! Click here to find a full session schedule--you don't have to be in that SI's section to attend their sessions!
- BIOL 1710
- BIOL 1720
- CHEM 1410
- CHEM 1420
Academic Coaches collaborate with you to develop a personalized plan for achieving academis success. These student leaders can work with you on a wide range of topics, including time management, test-taking and managing text anxiety, goal setting, and much more! Click here to learn more about academic coaching and click here to schedule an appointment by search "academic coaching."
Do you want to meet with an Academic Coach who's also in the College of Engineering?
Meet John Manzano, a Junior Electrical Engineering major! John takes appointents in Sage Hall on the main campus and at Discovery Park! You can meet him outside the College of Engineering Advising Office every Thursday between 2:30-5pm when he doesn't have an appointment!
Are you considering a career that requires a graduate degree? Are you interested in continuing your education after graduation? Check-out this no-cost, no-registration workshop that helps you navigate the grad school application process! Click here for more information a schedule for the current schedule.
- Online GRE Prep
- Click above for access to a free 30-minute GRE overview presentation and links to all sorts of free study resources.
- GRE Preparation Course
- Click above for more information about our popular 6-week GRE Preparation Course. There is a course fee of $80, which includes the cost of a 2019 Kaplan prep book and other materias.
Taking a less traditional career path? Click above to learn about how we can support your prep in one of the other graduate school admission exams!
Can't find the support you're looking for in the LC? Check-out other UNT resources to help you on your journey to a 4.0! Click here for to find info about all kinds of other campus resources, including offices like:
- Chemistry Resource Center
- Computational Chemistry Instruction Laboratory
- Physics Instructional Center
- And more!
In conjunction with the free support services offerred by the Learning Center, you can always meet with your academic advisor to make long-term plans and tackle the semester! Click above to be routed to the webpage for your advisor.