If you are searching for a fun and meaningful way to get involved in the UNT community while making a difference in the lives of your peers, the Learning Center is where you belong!
The Learning Center supplements and supports academic excellence and life-long learning. In support of our mission, programs that facilitate peer to peer academic support are offered and provide leadership and skill building opportunities to UNT Students.
Which student leadership position is best for you?
||Supplemental Instruction Leader
|| Academic Coach
|| Graduate Academic Coach
- Provides academic support through one-on-one tutoring
- Serves in as many courses as qualified
- Time commitment is flexible, from one hour a week to as much as able
- College Reading and Learning Association, CRLA, Tutor Certification is available if requirements are met
- Facilitates three group study sessions per week
- Serves as a leader and mentor for the students of one course
- Time commitment is consistent: ten hours each week
- Provides academic support through one-on-one academic coaching
- Assists students in making an individualized plan to meet their academic goals
- Time commitment is consistent: eight hours per week
- Teaches the GRE preparation course and Graduate School: Guide to Getting In workshops
- Provides academic support to graduate students through one-on-one academic coaching
- Depending on graduate student needs, may provide tutoring for graduate students
- Time committment is consistent: ten hours per week
Volunteer Tutor applications are always accepted.
Lead Tutor Application applications are closed for the Spring 2018 Semester.
Supplemental Instruction Leader applications for the Fall 2018 semester are now open!
Academic Coach applications are OPEN for the Fall 2018 Semester.
Graduate Academic Coach applications are currently OPEN for the Fall 2018 Semester.