What is Supplemental Instruction?
- The program targets historically challenging courses at UNT.
- SI leaders are top UNT students who earned an A in the course they instruct.
- SI leaders hold three one-hour sessions each week.
- Students who regularly participate in SI can earn one half letter grade higher than those who do not participate.
- This program is for every student – think of it as guaranteed study time!
- SI leaders are available to provide assistance all semester!
How to Learn and What to Learn
Weekly sessions are facilitated by trained peer leaders who have successfully completed the course in a previous semester. SI leaders attend lectures, take notes and read all assigned material just like the enrolled students.
Go at Least Once a Week!
Attendance at SI sessions is free and voluntary. Students may attend as many times as they choose. Announcements about supplemental instruction are made in SI-supported courses during the first week of classes. Sessions begin the third week of classes and continue throughout the semester.
SI Leader Program
Interested in becoming an SI Leader? Fill out the application by clicking here!