The following resources have been compiled to assist students with various questions and topics. The information contained on outside websites may not be maintained by the Learning Center of the University of North Texas.
Presentations & Virtual Workshops
Online Learning Center Services
- Tutoring - Learning Center Lead Tutors are avialble for online tutoring when you can't get to campus! Login to your Upswing portal to schedule an appointment today.
- Academic Coaching - If you're a distance learner and want to schedule an appointment with an Academic Coach to talk about developing time management skills, combatting test anxiety, planning for grad school, or any other academic support topics you want to discuss, email the Coordinator for Academic Support Programs to set-up the appointment. Please note that you must have, at minimum, a working microphone and speaker on your computer.
- Speed Reading - Our newly redesigned Speed Reading Course has an online section available for online students! To learn more about the course and begin the registration process, visit our Speed Reading webpage.
- Reading Comprehension - We have a whole page dedicated to online reading comprehension support!
- Graduate School Exam Prep - Want to go to grad school and need to take an entrance exam? Check-out our online resources to start prepping for the test!
Online Support from Other UNT Departments
- Writing Center tutoring - TWC tutors can conduct virtual tutoring with you if you submit your paper ahead of time. Visit their website for more information and appointment scheduling.
- Library's online archive of books, article, and journals - Take advantage of the cast resources of the UNT Library System, even from the comfort of your own home!
- Lynda.com - This huge online learning platform is FREE to UNT students when you login with your EUID. Learn from topics like: photography, video editing, web design, finance, digital painting, animation and hundreds more!
- UNT Directory - For easy access to the contact info of each department on campus, visit this link.
Websites We Find Helpful
- Guide for Studying —Tips and tricks to help you succeed in college! This website offers tips on time management, note taking, study habits, writing skills, and research.
- Time Management — Study Guides and Strategies Time Management provides information regarding time management. It offers tips, suggestions and strategies on how to effectively manage your time.
- Test Taking Tips — Taking a test can be a difficult and challenging endeavor. Study Guides and Strategies Test Taking Tips offers insight into how to effectively take a test and provides information on different types of tests.
- GPA Calculator — The Calculator will assist you in determining your GPA. Please note that the calculator and site are not maintained by the Learning Center or UNT and the accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed. Please consult your academic advisor for official GPA calculations.