- Academic Support Services
- Graduate Entrance Exams
- Graduate Resources
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Join Our Team
- About Us
- Student Orgs
How do I schedule an in person session?
3. In the search bar, type "Academic Coaching"
4. You will be able to see all the Academic Coaches and read a little about them. Once you have decided who you would like as your coach, click "Schedule".
5. Make sure you are on the In-person page. Select the appropriate day and time range you would like to meet with your coach. Click "Select a time".
6. Select Academic Coaching for the subject then select the beginning time you would like. Sessions must be scheduled for ONE HOUR (eventhough you may not need to use the entire hour), so select 60 min for duration. Sessions scheduled for less than 60 min will be cancelled.
*If you are a distance learner, you can schedule an on-line session by contacting Allyson Gardner.*
What is Academic Coaching?
Academic Coaching is a collaborative and interactive process with the ultimate goal of assisting you in developing a personalized plan for achieving academic success. An Academic Coach will listen to your needs and concerns and work closely with you to develop academic goals and suggest tools, resources, and strategies to assist in reaching those goals. Topics discussed during academic coaching are based on your needs but often might include issues such as time management, goal setting, and learning new study skills. The actual length of the Academic Coaching session depends on your needs, however, all sessions are scheduled for one hour in order to allow enough time.
Who are the Academic Coaches?
Our Academic Coaches are students just like you from various majors and colleges and at different classifications. They have all learned strategies to be successful in college and have been trained on resources here at UNT. They are here to help you develop your own strategies for success and connect you to resources that may be helpful. To read a biography of the coaches visit Upswing.
When and where do Academic Coaching sessions occur?
Academic Coaching session times depend upon coaching schedules. Generally, there are coaches available between 11am and 7pm Monday through Friday during the school year and 10am to 3pm during the summer. However, this can vary by day. As Academic Coaching is a collaborative process it is best done in person. In person sessions are available in the Learning Center, Sage Hall 170, or Discovery Park Room C102A (search for "John Manzano" for Discovery Park). Online coaching is available for distance learners and students with extenuating circumstances that prevent them from coming to campus. To schedule an online session, please contact Allyson Gardner. Please note that for an online session to occur you will need, at the minimum, a working microphone and speakers on your computer.
Questions? Contact us today!
940-369-7006 | Allyson.Gardner@unt.edu
If you need help with the content of a specific class, then please check out all our tutoring options on our tutoring resources page.
Probation Contract • Spring deadline #1: Feb. 22, Spring deadline #2: May 3
Questions about Emerald Eagle Scholar requirements or an Academic Reboot? Call, click or come in today!
940-369-5251 | email@example.com | University Union, Room 376C