Volunteer tutors are model students who effectively facilitate online, one-on-one tutoring sessions through the Learning Center, work directly with the Coordinator of Tutoring Services, learn valuable academic and professional skills through training, and help UNT's students become better learners.
- Possess a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Earned a grade of “A” in the courses in which a tutor facilitates
- Ability to communicate well through both oral and written forms of communication
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to utilize Zoom for conducting tutoring sessions
- Ability to effectively work remotely
- Scheduling tutoring sessions through Microsoft Outlook
- Conducting online tutoring sessions via Zoom
- Attending required Initial VT training
- Attending required mid-semester VT training
- Answering e-mail daily
- Submitting record logs after each session
- Attending once-a-semester supervision meeting with Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Volunteer Tutors are able to tutor for any courses they have received an 'A' or equivalent (AP, Transfer) in.
Below, please list all courses you are qualified (and would like) to tutor in the upcoming semester.
Please provide the name and email address of a UNT faculty or staff member who can attest to your character and achievement:
Please Note: The Learning Center will contact your reference to complete our recommendation form; we recommend you reach out to ensure that they are aware they have been listed and to verify that the e-mail address you listed for them is current.
By hitting the submit button below you acknowledge the following:
1) The information provided on this application is correct to the best of your knowledge
2) This form will automatically generate an email to the professor listed above asking for a recommendation
If you acknowledge and agree to the above, please hit submit now.