Do you want to prepare for the GRE but don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a preparation course? Then the Learning Center's 6 week GRE Preparation Course is the one for you.
The GRE Preparation Course is designed to:
- Assess your current performance and help you create goals relevant to your intended graduate programs' requirements
- Give you an overview of the test format and structure
- Help you learn the different question types and successful strategies for each question type
- Help you individualize effective time-saving strategies based on your strengths and weaknesses
- Teach you what content is assessed by the test
- Help you determine what content areas you need to improve and provide ways for you to improve those skills
- Provide in-class instruction on all strategies taught
- Allow for hands-on practice of the computer format through the use of an on-line program
- Provide (optional) out-of-class practice to allow you to continue to improve your skills even after the course ends
- Test Format & Structure
- Question Types
- Content Assessed
- Effective Test Taking Strategies
How does the GRE Preparation Course work?
- There is an $80 fee for materials
- The class meets once a week (90 minutes) for six weeks
- Sessions are offered in the fall, spring, and summer
- Visit the Learning Center in Sage 170 to register. Spots fill up quickly, so please register as soon as possible.
- The Learning Center Refund Policy dictates that no refund shall be given after 4pm on the Friday before your class begins.
*Please note, payment in the form of cash, check, or credit card is required to guarantee your spot in the class.*
For questions regarding the GRE Preparation Course, you can contact Jodi Davis at Joann.Davis@unt.edu.
Summer 2019 GRE Preparation Course Schedules:
The GRE course is offered during two sessions.
Session #1: Week of May 20-Week of June 24
The courses during this session will start the week of May 20th. The last class will be held the week of June 24th.
- Option #1: Wednesdays 2-3:30pm (5/22-6/26)
- Option #2: Thursdays 6-7:30pm (5/23-6/27)
Session #2: Week of June 24th-Week of July 29th
The courses during this session will start the week of June 24th. The last class will be held the week of July 29th.
- Option #1: Specific Time TBD - Please Check Back at a Later Date
- Option #2: Specific Time TBD - Please Check Back at a Later Date
Note: Specific times for Summer Session 2 are currently unavailable. To be notified when the times are released, please fill out this Interest List.
Please note this workshop is available only to current UNT students and staff. The Enrollment Policy for Summer 2019 is as follows:
Enrollment Policy: In order to register for the UNT Learning Center's 2019 Summer GRE Prep course, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- UNT Student registered for Summer 2019 courses.
- UNT Student previously enrolled in Spring 2019 courses and currently registered for Fall 2019 courses
- UNT Student who graduated in May 2019
- Current UNT Staff member