Do you want to prepare for the GRE but don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a preparation course? Then the Learning Center's 6 week GRE Preparation Course is the one for you.
The GRE Preparation Course is designed to:
- Assess your current performance and help you create goals relevant to your intended graduate programs' requirements
- Give you an overview of the test format and structure
- Help you learn the different question types and successful strategies for each question type
- Help you individualize effective time-saving strategies based on your strengths and weaknesses
- Teach you what content is assessed by the test
- Help you determine what content areas you need to improve and provide ways for you to improve those skills
- Provide in-class instruction on all strategies taught
- Allow for hands-on practice of the computer format through the use of an on-line program
- Provide (optional) out-of-class practice to allow you to continue to improve your skills even after the course ends
- Test Format & Structure
- Question Types
- Content Assessed
- Effective Test Taking Strategies
How does the GRE Preparation Course work?
- There is an $80 fee for materials
- The class meets once a week (90 minutes) for six weeks
- Sessions are offered in the fall, summer, and spring
- You are encouraged and welcome to bring a meal or snacks as the times are usually over mealtime hours
- Visit the Learning Center in Sage 170 to register. Spots fill up quickly, so please register as soon as possible.
- The Learning Center Refund Policy dictates that no refund shall be given after 4pm on the Friday before your class begins.
*Please note, payment in the form of cash, check, or credit card is required to guarantee your spot in the class.*
For questions regarding the GRE Preparation Course, you can contact Jodi Davis at Joann.Davis@unt.edu.
Summer 2018 GRE Preparation Course Schedules:
Session #1: Week of June 4th - Week of July 9th
The courses during this session will start the week of June 4th. The last class will be held the week of July 9th.
- Option #1: Mondays 12-1:30pm (6/4-7/9)
- Option #2: Tuesdays 6-7:30pm (6/5-7/10)
Session #2: July 11th - August 15th
The course during this session will start on July 11th. The last class will be held on August 15th.
- Option #1: Wednesdays 6-7:30pm (7/11-8/15)
Please note this workshop is available only to UNT students and staff.