Do you want to prepare for the GRE but don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a preparation course? Then the Learning Center's 6 week GRE Preparation Course is the one for you.
The GRE Preparation Course is designed to:
- Assess your current performance and help you create goals relevant to your intended graduate programs' requirements
- Give you an overview of the test format and structure
- Help you learn the different question types and successful strategies for each question type
- Help you individualize effective time-saving strategies based on your strengths and weaknesses
- Teach you what content is assessed by the test
- Help you determine what content areas you need to improve and provide ways for you to improve those skills
- Provide in-class instruction on all strategies taught
- Allow for hands-on practice of the computer format through the use of an on-line program
- Provide (optional) out-of-class practice to allow you to continue to improve your skills even after the course ends
- Test Format & Structure
- Question Types
- Content Assessed
- Effective Test Taking Strategies
How does the GRE Preparation Course work?
- There is an $80 fee for materials
- The class meets once a week (90 minutes) for six weeks
- Sessions are offered in the fall, spring, and summer
- Visit the Learning Center in Sage 170 to register. Spots fill up quickly, so please register as soon as possible.
- The Learning Center Refund Policy dictates that no refund shall be given after 4pm on the Friday before your class begins.
*Please note, payment in the form of cash, check, or credit card is required to guarantee your spot in the class.*
For questions regarding the GRE Preparation Course, you can contact LearningCenter@unt.edu.
Fall 2019 GRE Preparation Course Schedules:
The GRE course is offered during two in-person sessions and one online session.
Fall 2019 Schedule
Session #1: Week of September 9-Week of October 14
The courses during this session will start the week of September 9. The last class will be held the week of October 14.
- Option #1: Mondays from 1:30-3pm (9/9-10/14)
- Option #2: Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm (9/11-10/16)
- Option #3: Thursdays from 3-4:30pm (9/12-10/17)
Session #2: Week of October 14-Week of November 18
The courses during this session will start the week of October 14. The last class will be held the week of November 18.
- Option #1: Mondays from 3:30-5pm (10/14-11/18)
- Option #2: Tuesdays from 6-7:30pm (10/15-11/19)
- Option #3: Thursdays from 1-2:30pm (10/17-11/21)
Session #3: Online Session
The course during this session will be self-paced through a Canvas page. You will be given access to the course page starting September 9th.
- Option #1: Online (Registration closes on 10/14)
- Note: The course is Canvas-based and is self-paced. There are 6 modules to complete. Each module has a recorded previously live lecture. You can complete the modules at your own pace, but the next one does not open until the previous one is completed. Access to course materials will last for one year. The course will close Fall 2020. You will only have access to the instructor and their office hours during the Fall 2019 semester.
Please note this workshop is available only to current UNT students and staff. The Enrollment Policy for Fall 2019 is as follows:
Enrollment Policy: In order to register for the UNT Learning Center's 2019 Summer GRE Prep course, you will need to meet one of the following requirements:
- UNT Student registered for Fall 2019 classes
- Current UNT Faculty/Staff member