Do you want to prepare for the GRE but don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a preparation course? Then the Learning Center's 6 week GRE Preparation Course is the one for you.
The GRE Preparation Course is designed to:
- Assess your current performance and help you create goals relevant to your intended graduate programs' requirements
- Give you an overview of the test format and structure
- Help you learn the different question types and successful strategies for each question type
- Help you individualize effective time-saving strategies based on your strengths and weaknesses
- Teach you what content is assessed by the test
- Help you determine what content areas you need to improve and provide ways for you to improve those skills
- Provide in-class instruction on all strategies taught
- Allow for hands-on practice of the computer format through the use of an on-line program
- Provide (optional) out-of-class practice to allow you to continue to improve your skills even after the course ends
- Test Format & Structure
- Question Types
- Content Assessed
- Effective Test Taking Strategies
How does the GRE Preparation Course work?
- There is an $80 fee for materials
- The class meets once a week (90 minutes) for six weeks
- Sessions are offered in the fall, spring, and summer
- Visit the Learning Center in Sage 170 to register. Spots fill up quickly, so please register as soon as possible.
- The Learning Center Refund Policy dictates that no refund shall be given after 4pm on the Friday before your class begins.
*Please note, payment in the form of cash, check, or credit card is required to guarantee your spot in the class.*
For questions regarding the GRE Preparation Course, you can contact Jodi Davis at Joann.Davis@unt.edu.
Summer 2019 GRE Preparation Course Schedules:
The GRE course is offered during two sessions.
Session #2: Week of June 24th-Week of July 29th
The courses during this session will start the week of June 24th. The last class will be held the week of July 29th.
- Option #1: Mondays 3:30-5pm (6/24-7/29)
Option #2: Wednesdays 6-7:30pm (6/26-7/31) - ONLINE VERSION**FULL** Click here to get on the waiting list.
Please note this workshop is available only to current UNT students and staff. The Enrollment Policy for Summer 2019 is as follows:
Enrollment Policy: In order to register for the UNT Learning Center's 2019 Summer GRE Prep course, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- UNT Student registered for Summer 2019 courses.
- UNT Student previously enrolled in Spring 2019 courses and currently registered for Fall 2019 courses
- UNT Student who graduated in May 2019
- Current UNT Staff member